JimWoo50

Well Known Member
Got the case back for my 0320-b3b from Divco and it is beautiful. They "resized bores to factory limits". Does this mean I can use standard sized bearings? Are the part numbers stamped on all of these parts? I'm confused about some of the numbers in the pc-103 manual I am using to order all my other parts. For example the con rod bolts are determined by the type of connecting rod but I can't find any number close on the rod to those in the manual. My cylinders appear to have been freshly oh'ed before storage with a orange stripe on the cooling fin by the sparkplug. Does this denote chrome cylinders and if so how can I check to make sure? Also who inspects and overhauls accessory cases?

Jim, I would say yes to the standard size bearings but add anytime you are in doubt about anything someone did contact them and ask. They are more than willing to answer your questions. You don't want to take a chance in getting it wrong. The orange does mean chrome cylinders. This is important because you don't want to use chrome rings with chrome cyl. I used ECI in Texas (800-324-2359) to overhaul my acc case along with the eng case. They will yellow tag it for you. They will also be able to provide you with the right parts you need, like your rod bolts. Hope this helps.
Shine'r (Sunny, Warm, Clear Skys, Pittsburgh, Pa.)

oversize brearings

Jim,

The size of the bearing is dependant on the size of the crankshaft. If the crank is standard dimension, then standard size bearing is in order. Measure both mains and crankpins and compare your measurements to Lycoming SSP 1776 Table of Limits for new parts. Your bearings will be either std, M.003,.006, or .010 undersize.

Allen