thallock

Well Known Member
A lot of guys might be interested in building, but they are not sure of where to start or whether they can even build an airplane, or not. They may be hesitant to ask for help, or they may like to have a look at a project, but they may not want to bother a builder. Trust me, most builders are more than happy to have people stop by and visit their project. All of the builders that I know are happy to help a newbie get started. So, I would like to make an open offer to help newbies get started in the Central Texas area.

If you are interested in building, then get one of Van's toolbox kits or the RV trainging project, bring it by my factory (garage), and we will build it or at least get it started. I have a fairly complete set of tools that you can use to get started (sorry, no pneumatic squeezer), or you can bring your own tools if you like. The intent is to get you familiar with a few basic operations, so you can decide whether you need a full-week of instruction at one of the builder clinics, or not.

If you don't have a training kit, then you can stop by and take a look at what it takes to get started. If you have a tail kit, and want some help getting started, then we can talk about it. I am not too excited about traveling across town, but it is a possibility.

Obligitory warnings:
  • I am not a builder for hire, this is a free offer.
  • I am not a Technical Counselor, just another builder, and I have my own opinions about how things should be done.
  • I am cheap, and have a number of HF tools. If you don't know what HF is, then you'll learn.
  • The factory has no air conditioning (did I mention that I live in Central Texas), but I have several fans. Standing directly in front of a fan is almost like air conditioning.
  • I live in South Austin, so it is a fair drive from the north side of town. Maybe someone from North Austin, Round Rock or Georgetown will extend the same offer.
Tracy.

I'm in North Dallas (Frisco/Little Elm area) and will throw the same offer up for anyone in the area that wants a hands on introduction to the build process! I'll help build a practice kit or you can come help me figure out how these wings go together! Great idea Tracy!

Contact Info:

Daniel
[email protected]
972-834-3096