acroflyrgirl

Well Known Member
We're off to AWO for the EAA fly-In this coming weekend. Leaving Tucson Wed morning. Any ideas on places to stop alog the way, breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

Looking at making it all in one day, for no apparent reason. Thinking about stopping twice for food and fuel. Maybe around Willow Springs/Rosamond, Palmdale, Bakersfield area, then another stop around Redding. If we're making good headway we'll be at AWO long before sundown.

Coming to EAA at Arlington

Great. I'm glad to hear you are coming. I live local to Arlington and since I'm building an RV-7, the thing I like to do most is look at the finished RVs. I hope lots of RV pilots fly to Arlington this year. Have fun.

That's an odd coincidence... I'll be flying to Arlington on Thursday for the day, and then the following Monday I'm heading to Tucson for the week (for work)! But going to Tucson I'm flying commercially... Company policy doesn't allow me to take my personal aircraft. Look for Tweety, she's a bare-metal -6 with yellow fibreglass and a stylized snowflake on the tail.

Looking forward to meeting you! Marty has kind things to say about you.

(You're not falling for the "kind things", are you?) ;)

We're off to AWO for the EAA fly-In this coming weekend. Leaving Tucson Wed morning. Any ideas on places to stop alog the way, breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

Looking at making it all in one day, for no apparent reason. Thinking about stopping twice for food and fuel. Maybe around Willow Springs/Rosamond, Palmdale, Bakersfield area, then another stop around Redding. If we're making good headway we'll be at AWO long before sundown.

Use to stop at Red Bluff on the way to the NorthWest. More distance to climb as you are heading toward Mt. Shasta than there is from Redding. There is also a restaurant at Red Bluff. The Restaurant at Woodlake is also interesting. Of course the Rocket Cafe at Bakersfield Muni is another possibility.

Wind & WX :)

The weather is here, I wish you were....

Oh I love it when a plan comes together. Making great progress today. Looks like we'll easily make the PNW. We stopped in Twenty Nine Palms and Redding, one more leg. Tonight I think we'll stop just short of AWO and see what Gig Harbor has for cool lodging, we're wingin' it so any Gig Harbor suggestions, we're all ears.

CB's

CB's in AWO Friday kept the duat down. Today, Monday it's CAVU. I have a formation flght scheduled for later this afternoon with a couple of Blackjacks, then head back towards Tucson tomorrow.

Took some relatives up flying for their first time. Did some sight seeing around the San Juan's. Beautiful. I miss all the trees.

Great having a fast plane that I can cover so much ground in a single day. Makes goood old home sweet home within reach now.

If its any consolation, I'm in Tucson this evening and I'm looking out the window at cloud, rain, thunder, and lightning! Not necessarily in that order...

Dancing around wx

What a great trip. No WX issues going up via the CA valley then returned via ID UT souh. Less than 9 hrs flight time each way. Nice to be able to get 1200nm in an easy day.
I may have to fly back to AWO in August since I have a couple weeks vacation.