Paul Eastham

Well Known Member
Hey everyone,
I am in the process of fitting my carb airbox and am having some difficulty. I have the plate that mounts to the carb attached, and the filter modified to fit. The tennis-racket-shaped piece that goes on top of that, however, is shifted all the way to the right side due to interference from the accelerator pump and air filter. This leads to insufficient edge distance on one of the bolt holes that attach the two plates.

Has anyone else encountered this? I guess a workaround might be to enlarge the cutout in the tennis racket.

Here's a photo of how things are aligned (after matching it to my cowl inlet) -- as you can see it's shifted all the way left in this photo.

20060927_IMG_3734.JPG

The problem I had was the fiberglass air box rubbed against the cowl at the bottom left and I had to cut a chunk out and re-glass it.
Make sure the fiberglass part is attached to the "tennis racquet" piece as high as possible while allowing room for the air filter, of course, and make sure the whole thing is over to the right as far as possible.

http://www.eaachapter.com/fwfshots/