alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Any thoughts on how many static line clips to use to hold the static line up against the longerons? I'm thinking about two clips between each major bulkhead to keep things nice and tight. However, this will mean about 12 clips per side. Not real fired up about making 24 clips. But does this number sound about right? Too many? Not enough?

Also, for 6/7/9 builders, how does the static line go through/around the F902 bulkhead? I don't see anything on the drawings.

Thanks for any suggestions.

it only runs on one side, so worst case is 12. however, you really only need those clips behind the baggage compartment.. and then maybe one or two more further forward.

I think I have 4, just as called out in the plans.. and may put one or two more.

Behind the baggage wall, one between bulkheads is plenty. Who's going to look back there? Use two in the baggage area if you want, and from there it's hidden by the canopy deck.

F-902 is forward of the panel. Before that point, the static line will just pop out from under the canopy deck and hook up to your instruments. Unless your instruments stick through the subpanel.

My questions is the F-704 bulkhead. I guess it just goes over the top. Maybe protect it with another plastic tube over the line.

Two static lines??? What was I thinking, radomir? Actually I wasn't, obviously! I didn't see on my plans though where it calls for four of them. Do the 7 plans actually do that? If so, which drawing?

Also forgot that it could probably just rest on the bottom flange of the canopy rail and since I'm building a slider there shouldn't be interference issues as it appears there might be with the tip up.

I too, Dave, am assuming that it just goes over the F904 bulkhead posts. I haven't put the side bulkhead covers on yet, but I think there is still room to put it on top of that--I'll probably put 1 clip right between both of the 904 bulkhead posts. An extra tube would probably add some nice protection, but then the size of the clip would need adjusting.

Thanks to all for the thoughts, though. 5-6 sounds a lot better than 24!!!The reason I'm asking this all now is because I just flipped the canoe and have to rivet some of the longeron-skin rivets (except where the canopy and top skins dictate that I wait).

RTV

Just duct tape it in place under the longeron temporarily until the blob of RTV sets up. No clips.......remember, "we're not building a Swiss watch, just an airplane" :D