jhiggins

Looks like a lot of people are using the PC680 battery. I was wondering besides just the dimensions, why nobody mentions the PC625. Seems to be 2 lbs lighter, has higher CCA and higher reserves. Is it that users want the metal jacket offered with the 680? I was considering a new battery for an RV-6 that has the battery in the cockpit, so heat shouldn't be an issue.

PC625 fan

I use the 625 for my Subaru powered plane. One battery cranks the 6 cyl Subaru engine with no problems whatsoever.
I have a dual redundant electrical system because the engine is electrically dependent - so I have 2 batteries, but only use one for starting. The other one is powering my E-Bus during start up.
My batteries are behind the baggage bulkhead for Wt&Bal reasons, but others have mounted them on the firewall with no issues. In fact the Cessna Skycatcher uses that battery, and it is on the firewall (and not in a box).

I've been using the PC625 on my IO-360-A3B6D for 10 years and have not had any issues. I replaced it two years ago as it's cranking power was starting to decrease and I fly in winter where it gets down below 0F (I'm too much of a wimp to go flying below that).

No problems

I have two PC625's in my RV-8. I only use one to start the engine. The second battery is powering avionics during start. I have 1900 hours on the batteries and they still turn the engine over but not as quickly as they once did. I'm thinking of replacing at least one of them.