Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
Odyssey beta version 0.1.0.3 is available for download, both Odyssey instrument update as well as Odyssey simulator and screen designer.
For information on fixes/additions see Odyssey update page at www.MGLAvionics.co.za/OdysseyUpdates.htm

It is recommended that all Odysseys be upgraded to this version as it contains some important fixes.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

GPS ILS on Odyssey?

Rainier, I have a question about the Odyssey and the 3D GLS (GPS ILS) feature. Does this follow the published GPS/RNAV approach of a airport? or does it just do a standard 3 degree slope into the runway coordinates?

Thanks!
Christopher.

Rainier, I have a question about the Odyssey and the 3D GLS (GPS ILS) feature. Does this follow the published GPS/RNAV approach of a airport? or does it just do a standard 3 degree slope into the runway coordinates?

Thanks!
Christopher.

It does a ILS approach using an angle that you can select (typically 3 degrees).
RNAV approaches will become available once we have the Jeppesen database working and by that time I suspect the same will be possible via the PocketFMS database as well.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics