N788RV

I just recieved my odysey battery mount. I assumed it was a few brackets that installed into the regular battery mount and it's not. The installation instructions that came with it as well are for an RV7/9. I already installed my regular battery mount a long time ago on the firewall. Does anybody have any recommendations or pictures on how to mount it. Also has anyone mounted it onto the regular battery mount? I'm looking for some ideas.

I used the regular battery mount in my RV8 to hold the Oddessy battery. I cut a piece of .032 aluminum to fit in the bottom of the battery mount. After that, set the battery on the center of the plate and rivet on two pieces of .062 angle to hold the battery in the center. Set the plate with the angles on it in the battery mount, insert the battery and use the regular VAN's hold down parts to hold the battery in. I don't have any pictures, but it works fine and I have done plenty of aerobatics and other bouncing around. The good thing is, if you decide to go to a regular sized battery, all you have to do is take the plate out and you are good to go with a Concorde.

I also use a spacer in the "stock" battery tray with my Odyssey. Don't recommend modifying in case you get out somewhere and have to purchase a standard size battery for some reason to get back home. Besides, it worked just fine with a spacer in the base.

Odysey Battery Mount

Thanks guys. Do you know if the terminals for the battery posts are interchangeable between the concorde and odysey battery? Also did you install the battery with the positive terminal to the outside or the middle of the aircraft?

My battery sits behind the rear baggage compartment with the positive on the left side of the plane, as you look forward. That fits with VAN's wiring plans for running the starter wire down the left side of the fuselage. I grounded to the airframe at the base of the battery box.
I would need a different ground cable for a Concorde battery, but the positive cable would probably work.