Low Pass

Well Known Member
Friend
This probably qualifies as an oddball scenario, but I'm curious if anyone has ever adapted a forward facing fuel injection servo, through a filter, to a lower cowl intake snout (formerly updraft).

I'm aware of the various intake and filtration options for forward induction engines. Just exploring options that don't have me chopping up the cowling a second time in two years.

Thanks,

Bryan

Thanks, Vince! Very nice system. If I have to cut, I will definitely keep your design in mind.

I made it work on my rv-3. Check the fwf page on my website www.myrv3.com for details. I had to make my own filter air box and modify the lower cowl a little. It worked great in the end, although it was a lot of work.

I did on my -10. The engine I used is a V4A5 instead of the D4A5 so it was either swap out the sump or modify the intake. I fabricated an aluminum air plenum box that bolts to the front of the servo and I made a a fiberglass cone that mounts to that which holds a K&N cone filter. I had to do modification to the lower cowl also.

Russ McKutcheon has been flying his 4 for years this way, and it flew for years before him. No filter at all.

Thanks for the replies...

I appreciate the thoughts. So it sounds like I might be able to come up with something in lieu of chopping up the lower cowling. Will hold off on the snorkel order and wait to see how the engine fits with the lower cowl.

Thanks!!