LAMPSguy

Well Known Member
So I was looking at the dynon add for the skyview, right bank nearly inverted with 0.7 G's and it made think...

There are algorithms for the vector display to show you "where you are going to be". I have flown aircraft with "pull up" and "power" calls, but the Dynon add made me wonder if there are any with "envelope protection" schemes. I am thinking high AOB, velocity vector pointed towards the ground, airspeed increasing...if you don't right the aircraft judiciously "now" you will either overspeed or have to over G?

Surely are...... :D

However,

We have sadly seen recent incidents with Airbusses that are beginning to question the lack of situational awareness and inability to 'fly' the aeroplane in a non standard situation.

Back to our thread, what did impress me was the combination of a Garmin 496 and Dynon Flightdeck 180 in the RV12 I test flew late last year.

I was exploring things after the first few flight and all of a sudden it started shouting at me about terrain, sink rate etc etc - it was something of a shock !

I believe it came from the terrain data base of the Garmin via the Dynon.

I do agree - especially in most Vans aeroplanes, a system that would warn against overspeed/overload would be a stunning addition to the systems and a great aid for flight safety.

So I was looking at the dynon add for the skyview, right bank nearly inverted with 0.7 G's and it made think...

There are algorithms for the vector display to show you "where you are going to be". I have flown aircraft with "pull up" and "power" calls, but the Dynon add made me wonder if there are any with "envelope protection" schemes. I am thinking high AOB, velocity vector pointed towards the ground, airspeed increasing...if you don't right the aircraft judiciously "now" you will either overspeed or have to over G?

Are you thinking of a *predictive* algorithm that will tell you that the flight vehicle *will* overspeed or exceed some parameter at some point in the near future, versus one that will tell you that it *is* doing so at that moment?

Yes

Absolutely. It is no different than "power" or "pull up" after all, who cares if you pull up after you have already hit, they are/should all be predictive!