N546RV

Well Known Member
I've been working on cabin electrical stuff this week, which included wiring up and testing the headset jacks. I took care of the rear jacks a couple nights ago and then tested them with a Flightcom headset I had lying around - worked perfectly. Today I did the front jacks and tested them with that same headset.

At this point I figured it was a good time to get my better half out in the shop and we could talk to each other on the intercom, so I grabbed my Lightspeed Zulu and plugged it into the rear jack. Immediately I heard an obnoxious screech. The only thing I'd changed since the previous test was to mount the jacks, so I removed them again in case I'd maybe grounded the mic jack - no change in behavior.

I'll try and summarize the various things I tried while troubleshooting:

• The Lightspeed set works fine in the front headset jacks
  • The Flightcom set works fine in the rear headset jacks
  • I tried my QT Halo for good measure, it also works fine in the rear jacks
  • The noise only seems to happen if I have the intercom volume turned up, and then only if I break squelch on the mic
  • The noise changes pitch as I adjust the volume on the intercom
  • The noise happens regardless of whether I'm wearing the set or if it's just lying around
  • The noise happens regardless of whether the Lightspeed ANR is turned on or off

Note: This is a Dynon intercom.

I took a short video of the issue to attempt to better illustrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8g1B37N0-U

Thoughts?