yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
On the last two flights, about 30-45 miniutes into the flight I get a warning "OAT Not Found" and the OAT data (and the wind arrow??) drops out. Another 15 minutes or so and it come back up, though the temp and speed numbers fluctuate rapidly. My guess is a bad connection arcing and overheating, but I'm an aero engineer, not an EE. Anyone else seen this, or offer any thoughts. Not keen on digging into the bowels of the bird again, but does anyone know the color(s) of the OAT probe wires off the top of their head? Also, would this be more likely at the probe end or the Dynon end?

Wayne 120241 N143WM

On the last two flights, about 30-45 miniutes into the flight I get a warning "OAT Not Found" and the OAT data (and the wind arrow??) drops out. Another 15 minutes or so and it come back up, though the temp and speed numbers fluctuate rapidly. My guess is a bad connection arcing and overheating, but I'm an aero engineer, not an EE. Anyone else seen this, or offer any thoughts. Not keen on digging into the bowels of the bird again, but does anyone know the color(s) of the OAT probe wires off the top of their head? Also, would this be more likely at the probe end or the Dynon end?

Wayne 120241 N143WM

Wayne Hop on the Dynon Avionics Home site on their Support page will soon sort it out may even have a Post & Answer to your Query there!

Outside temperature

The temperature sensor connects to the remote compass. Chances are that there is a bad connection at the 9 pin D-Sub connector. Not to worry about arcs and sparks. It is a low power circuit. If the compass works OK, then the problem is most likely NOT at the instrument panel.
See plans Page 31-12
YEL D-SUB-9 Pin 2
RED D-SUB-9 Pin 7
BLU D-SUB-9 Pin 8
Before I installed the temperature probe, I took the following ohmmeter readings:
Resistance measured from Pin 2 to Pin 7 = 9.96K Ohm, Does not change with Temp
Resistance measured from Pin 7 to Pin 8 = 23.5K Ohm @ 65 Deg Varies with Temp
Resistance measured from Pin 2 to Pin 8 = 13.7K Ohm @ 65 Deg Varies with Temp
Joe