judoka5051

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

I hope someone can shine some light on this. When I ordered the finish kit I got the o360 cowl (RV8A). Well, I found an irresistable deal on a 160hp o320 from an RV6, (Thank you, Bob Padgett). Any idea what, if any, problems I'm going to have?

P.S. I know, I know, I should have saved for the o360, but I'm building on a very tight budget. The bright side is that I may end up with the lightest 8 in the air.

Thanks, Lance

In that direction 360 to 320 you should not have an issue on the RV8 that I'm aware of. :)

Might need to adjust the scoop a bit, but maybe not. Depends on your intersection to the scoop. Either way, not a big deal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I figured that might be the only issue... but I've been known to miss things. At least this way I can upgrade later, after I hit the lotto.

Which O-320?

Actually, if you are getting an H2AD O-320, there are some issues with the standard cowl. Maybe this will affect you too. :confused:

Dkb

Bear with me

If you EVER decide to sell that 8 my guess is you will kick yourself into next week for putting a 320 in it. Just my $0.02.