KRviator

Well Known Member
G'day all,

I've got an O320-H2AD in the shed to hang on my -9A, but, I've got standard Dynafocal-1 mount. No major drama's there, the local welding guru can modify the mount for me, but he's after a couple of photo's of what people have done previously as a guide.

There's plenty of people with this donk, but every photo I've seen thus far appears to be the Vans-provided H2AD mount, I can't fine one that's been locally modified. So, for those with H2AD's who've modified their standard Van's mounts, could you post a photo, or flick one through on email?

Ta muchly.

Last edited:
H2AD Mount

We did one locally.
I will have look for pics.
It is not pretty but is functional and strong.

Thanks for that. No great rush, but it'll save me sending my mount back across the Pacific to swap for a factory H2AD mount. :D

New 4130 Tube

Thanks for that. No great rush, but it'll save me sending my mount back across the Pacific to swap for a factory H2AD mount. :D

Back across the Pacific, I didn't want to send mine across a couple states!

Really not much to it. The only thing that has to change is the crossover tube at the top. The accessory case is different on the H, and the tube needs more bend in it. I just ordered another piece of 4130 tube, found a good welder who cut and fit the new tube in.

You should be able to judge it, by holding the mount up to the engine, that's all we did. Been on my 9A for 1110 hours now...

Regards,

That's what Ive done to figure out where I need to build n the new tube, but the welding guru is chasing some photos if possible to show what others have done before. ;)

And just to follow up, I touched base with The Mothership and was in turn referred to a very helpful chap at the contractor that actually makes the RV-9 engine mounts. So, for the princely sum of $65 US, plus shipping, you can get a factory-bent tube that will (hopefully) exactly match the existing mount.

All you then need to do is hold your newfound tube up to your existing mount, mark the tubes to cut and once you've removed them, weld the new one in. Easy as falling off a log. Not that I've ever fallen off a log, though...I'll get some photos of the tube when it arrives and the resulting modified mount shortly.

So, if anyone else needs to follow this route, the person to contact is Steve at Super-12.com. And a big thanks also Goes to Daryl S at Vans for your help too. :)