OKIE-RV8r

I'm New Here
Can anyone tell me if all O320 cranks are the same?? I have an O320A2B I need a crank for. I want to keep the engine certified. Looking at used cranks but not exactly sure what I'm looking for....

Many Thanks....

Tony

Don't think they are

Tony,

I would venture to say no. On the B and D series there are four part numbers listed in the parts list document I have. There can be a difference in the configuration of the main bearings and such.

B and D models:
LW-17060
LW-17061
LW-17064
LW-17071

If you have the crankshaft there should be a stamping on it to identify which model it is. If not see if you can acquire a parts list for the A models. It will tell which one fits your engine.

Also there could be an AD out on a particular crankshaft that would need to be addressed if it hadn't been performed already.

The main aviation part houses should be able to help you. Mahlon will probably offer some feedback once he sees your post.

As Mike says , they are not all the same. Besides nose bearing differences the prop bushings can also vary. It basically boils down to shafts that can be operated constant speed and those that can't. If you are buying a shaft from a parts supplier they should know the difference and be able to get you the correct shaft. If you are buying used, on the open market, get a parts book and don't get anything other then the shafts listed or superceded to your engine.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

CRANKSHAFT

Early cranks had flange lightening holes. There are also differences in flange thickness. I would not want to do any acro with a crank with lightening holes.