The new engine I purchased for my RV has two series 200 mags. The left has the retard breaker set up. I do not have the shower of sparks box. I would like to keep this mag and use the system as originally configured. It appears Slick no longer makes the SlickStart for Bendix mags. Does anyone know where I can still purchase one? Or should I just replace the left mag and go with something else? What are my alternatives? Ideas?

Thanks!

Ken

Unfortunately Walt that SlickStart is only for the Slick mags... Will not work on bendix... I did find one place that listed the correct model for sale but when I placed the order they emailed back saying it is no longer available..

I believe its approved for both slick and bendix mags, I'd have to do some digging to be sure though.

The Aircaft Magneto Service wesite says they have new (old stock) Bendix vibrators in stock for $500
www.aircraftmagnetoservice.net

That's a good bit of money for what it is.

You could try Air Salvage of Dallas. That's where I got mine.
5 years and 940 hours and still vibrating :)

Mark

I found that A.E.R.O. had the correct model of SlickStart still in stock. A bit pricey at 800 bucks but the easiest and best way to solve the issue...