mattsmith

Well Known Member
Need some help, I am in the market for a used IO-360 but all i can find is run outs and propstikes. recently I found a O-360 with a fresh overhaul but I rely want FI. So my question is how hard and roughly how much $$ would it cost to convert from carburetor to fuel injection? It is going in a rv8A. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt

The conversion is around $3.5k give or take. You'll need the high-pressure boost pump, a high-pressure mechanical pump, and the actual kit itself. I think mine was around $2700 for the kit, another 500 for the boost pump and cover kit, and ~$300 for the mechanical fuel pump. Check out the cylinders on the engine you're buying, make sure they have the injection ports drilled, otherwise you have to go for the kit designed to run the lines into the primer ports, which is a little more.

AFP makes really nice stuff and their customer support is top notch, but the Silverhawk option is good too.

I can't speak to the actual installation process because I haven't done it yet, but from a few threads on here, it looks like changing out the mechanical fuel pump is no fun at all.

Last edited by a moderator: