rvator51

Well Known Member
For a o-360 with the single dual magneto, how hard is it to convert to two separate magnetos? Can you replace the accessory case with one that works for dual mAgs or are there other problems thAt have to be solved? HAs anyone done this?

dual magnito possibility

RVator51

I don't know if it will help, but I used to fly an old Piper Seminole and I remember the mechanic telling me that it had dual mags but only one drive coming out of the accy case. The timing was set by rotating the dual mag setup with the single shaft either clockwise or counterclockwise. If your current case had the room for two mags behind the motor then I don't see why you couldn't set it up that way.
Ask around for someone with more smarts then me to see if it can be done using this "dual Mag" one drive unit.

Dual mag

Do a forum search. There' probably a couple of hundred posts where this subject has discussed.

If all else fails; give me a call at seven 70 fife wun niner fower 999. And I'll try to explain all the gory details.;)

DUAL MAG

CHECK THREAD FOR "WALKMAN". IT GIVE MUCH INFORMATION ON CONVERSION MADE TO ELIMINATE THE DUAL MAG.