chrisbryanolsen

Well Known Member
Patron
Guys,
I had pulled my fixed pitch wood prop off to refinish it and was staring at the plug in the hollow crank. Then I starting thinking about what it would take to put on a constant speed prop. According to the TCDS there is 'no provision for controllable pitch propeller' and I am wondering what exactly that means.
There is a hollow crank with a plug in the front, there is a spot on the accessory case for the governor adaptor.
So is it possible to just put the adaptor and governor on put the correct plugs in the crank and be good to go?
Or are there other internal parts missing? Like a drive gear or the main bearing does not have a hole for the oil in it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is there a threaded plug in the nose of the case? If so then you more than likely can just put a gov on the assy case and run a line up to the front of the case.

The assy case may have to be drilled for an oil path to the gov as well.

Last edited:
Tracing the build history of the -C2E backward, it ends up at -A1A which says "Controllable prop".

See Lycoming SSP-110 JUNE 2010

CS Prop

Chris: I have 2 complete sets of used good condition parts to convert a 4 cyl Lyc to constant speed; included would be - drive gear shaft, drive gear body & stainless steel oil line. Reasonably priced.

Don Broussard
337-255-7012
RV 9 Rebuild in Progress