I was wondering what builders are using between the solonoide and the primer nozzels. Copper, aluminum, Plastic? any help and or pictures would be great.

primer lines--

Van's sells 1/8" copper tubing that works well as long as they are properly supported to avoid vibration problems.

Primer lines

From Vans Website:
A complete kit that provides an electrically activated solenoid system for priming your Lycoming. Kit includes the solenoid, the fittings, hardware, and documentation needed to install in any experimental aircraft. This system is not needed in moderate climates but very cold temperatures may require priming for easy starting. 2 CYLINDER ELECTRIC PRIME Part Number = EA ENGINE PRIMER SYS Price = $130.00.

I used the copper line with a circle of copper tubing (loop) for vibration from the gascolator to the solenoid, then a flexable SS braided line from the solenoid to the TEE on the rear of the engine, then back to copper to the cylinders.
The kit from Van's is a good starting point and will give you part numbers for the fittings.
Also I purchased a flaring tool for the 1/8 tubing too from Aircraft Spruce.
17010 37 FLARING BLOCK FOR 1/8" TUBE $24.85
That and a small tubing cutter from the hardware store for cutting the tubing.
You can buy more tubing from the NAPA or auto parts store too.

Stainless Steel is the BEST for sure, but for me it was hard to purchase and find the proper fittings. I priced a primer kit from Lycoming and WOW was it expensive. I've seen lots of copper on certified planes and Van's sold the kit with copper, so I was satisfied. You do want to keep on eye on the tubing as it too can work harden, but we are checking everything all the time anyway!, right?
DO not use Aluminum.....
I have pictures I can email if you want, send me a request to
[email protected]
Good Luck

I had purchased the electric primer solenoid kit from Van', and my Superior Experimental O-360 came with the SS primer lines installed. The SS lines terminated at a T-fitting on the rear of the engine. This T-fitting was not compatible with the "normal" threads (5/16 - 24) on the flair fittings.

This T-fitting requires the AN805 and AN800 (5/16 - 32 thread) parts and ACS carries them. The T-fitting is the same as on the certified Lycoming.
I used the 1/8 in copper line from Van, soldered on the AN800, used the AN805 nut and was good to go.