Jstov

Well Known Member
I have recently heard of a good deal on a O-360. It is so good that I am considering putting it on my restoration project. Mine originally had an O-320 e2d. My -320 needed to be overhauled anyway and the asking price on this engine is less than what an overhaul would cost. It has approx 900 hrs and is on a currently flying aircraft. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how much needed to be changed?

I have recently heard of a good deal on a O-360. It is so good that I am considering putting it on my restoration project. Mine originally had an O-320 e2d. My -320 needed to be overhauled anyway and the asking price on this engine is less than what an overhaul would cost. It has approx 900 hrs and is on a currently flying aircraft. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how much needed to be changed?

The engine is wider, and the carb. is taller.

So the exhaust, the lateral parts of the baffling and the induction air inlet on the lower cowl will all need to be changed or modified. Also the induction filter air box (if it has one) would have to change.
The throttle and mixture cables may also need to be changed (I don't remember if an E2D is a straight riser sump or not).

We did this on our 1987 RV-4. We are happy we did, but it turned into a lot more work than we expected. We also had to replacethe cowl because we didnt have enough clearance with the old cowling.

You will have to replace your prop, if fixed pitch, and might have to change it, if it is a constant speed prop.