Conical mounts and a rear positioned carburetor as compared to a dyna focal engine.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

As stated you'll need a different sump and the case can be modified by Divco for $250 to change the mounts.

It's what I did, no big deal if the engine price is right.

As stated you'll need a different sump and the case can be modified by Divco for $250 to change the mounts.

It's what I did, no big deal if the engine price is right.

You can only modify the mount if you split the case.

Also, if you are building a -7 and not a -7A, you might be OK with your current sump / carb location. IIRC, the aft sump gets in the way of the nose gear but if you don't have a nose wheel...

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I'M BUILDING THE 7. THE ENGINE IS IN A WRECKED R-22 SO I WILL BE OVERHAULING IT ANYWAY. THE PRICE IS DIRT CHEAP AS IT BELONGS TO A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. STILL PRETTY NEW TO ALL THE REQUIREMENTS IN THE ENGINE BAY SO I WAS JUST WANTING TO MAKE SURE IT WASN'T GOING TO BE TOO BIG OF A DEAL. THANKS

It works !

I have a O320 B2C on a RV7A. If you have a 7, it should work without modifying the sump. You will need to add a fuel pump. Aerosport sold me a transformation kit some years ago. You will have to order from Vans the engine mount for conical engine, it is a special order, but no additional charge (just additional lead time).