The new retaining clips that come from the shop do not fit over my old plastic push rod shrouds but rather sit on them. The shrouds are pretty thick walled. I am concerned that this is not a good set-up. Someone at my local airport said he thought there might be a Lycoming SB on it but I can't find anything. Do I need all new metal thin walled shrouds or do they make different style clips other than the LW14995 that are flat? The engine is a parallel valve O-320 D2A.
Thanks for the advice.
John

TUBES

The new tubes are 15.78 each or I can set you up with a good looking set of the new style for 5.00 each.

Jesse

shrouds

Jesse, I was checking out your website and was going to call you about it. Do the $5 ones work with the new type spring clips? In other words are they thin walled and will the clip fit inside them rather than resting on them? How are the $15 one different from the $5 ones? Do you know if there is a SB regarding the shrouds?

Thanks
John

Lycoming Service Instruction 1277A deals with this and explains the differences in the push rod tubes and the two different retainers that are used with them.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully
helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own
risk."

TUBES

The 15.00 ones are the new tubes with the thin wall. The 5.00 one are the thin wall used tubes. I can pull you a nice set without any dents if you want the used ones.
Jesse

Does anyone have...

...a copy of Lycoming Service Instruction 1277A that Mahlon mentions?

It's not on my PDF collection of Lycoming documents....:(

shrouds

Jesse: Done deal. I will order them later.

Gill: I could not find it either. Lycoming don't have it on their site and I cannot find it on Google. Anyone got it please link it or email me a copy.
Thanks.
John

Jesse,

I inspected my retainer springs in my ECI engine (100 hrs TT) and had one broken spring. Glad I checked! Just an FYI to all ECI engine owners.

RETAINERS

Bret,
I am really glad you checked them. I am very suprised that ECI has not done something about that yet. It is definately a problem that they need to deal with. If anyone wants a copy of SI1277A send me a e-mail and I can scan a copy for you.
Thanks,
Jesse
[email protected]