13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the length of an O-320 from where the mount bolts to the case, to the prop hub face? This doesn't have to be precise, just within a half inch or so will be fine.

I measured an O-360 today at just under 23". Is the length of the O-320 and O-360 case the same? If so, then I guess I have my answer.

Thanks,
Rusty (you don't want to know why I'm asking ;))

Same cases...

Can't an O-320 case be converted into a O-360 case with some machining at the base of the cylinders for the extra crank throw?

I believe they are the same length....

Vans said the same mount works on the RV-6 for both engines... with the same cowl.

gil A - looked into this a long time ago.. but sold the O-320 as a core

Measurement

Tell me where on the dynafocal you want to start the measurement and I'll get you one in the morning. Of course many of you have earlier mornings than we do and could probably help him sooner..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments. If the same mount and cowl fit either the O-320 or O-360, then I have to assume they're the same length. That's a good enough answer for now, so no need to measure.

Cheers,
Rusty

They are the same length, just different width.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."