Solomon9A

Seeking hands-on engine experience I located first run O-320 for OH and patient AP/IA willing to work with me. RV-9A, using Dynofocal-1- mechanic has early questions for planning and I would appreciate advice from those who've gone before. Tear-down complete and it looks good---off to Aerodyne.
1) using Vans cowl does the standard oil dipstick from Skyhawk fit or is different length required?
2) is it better to mount oil cooler on firewall or baffle? #6 or #8 fittings and are they 45 or 90 degree??? also any opinions on oil filter adapter?
3)planning lightweight Skytec starter for 149 tooth flywheel do you know if it requires a left or right solenoid?
4) this engine has a cooling shroud for the mechanical fuel pump-any experience with the shroud i.e. is it worth the weight and hook-ups?
Hope you can help!
Sandman

Seeking hands-on engine experience I located first run O-320 for OH and patient AP/IA willing to work with me. RV-9A, using Dynofocal-1- mechanic has early questions for planning and I would appreciate advice from those who've gone before. Tear-down complete and it looks good---off to Aerodyne.
1) using Vans cowl does the standard oil dipstick from Skyhawk fit or is different length required?
Either will work but the longer one makes it easier to fill.
2) is it better to mount oil cooler on firewall or baffle? #6 or #8 fittings and are they 45 or 90 degree??? also any opinions on oil filter adapter?
Put it on the baffle. The baffles are cut for it and it works just fine. Do a search on the subject. Lots of info out there.
3)planning lightweight Skytec starter for 149 tooth flywheel do you know if it requires a left or right solenoid?
I haven't a clue.
4) this engine has a cooling shroud for the mechanical fuel pump-any experience with the shroud i.e. is it worth the weight and hook-ups?
Hope you can help!
Sandman
Leave it on and run a blast tube to it, it can't hurt.

Good luck, sounds like you getting there.