drmax

Well Known Member
My neighbor who has built a 6 and Rocket, commented on how I could make an improvement on my purchased 9A. I was concerned on the minor oil weeps in the engine compartment. He pointed out that as the breather tube is, it is pressurizing the case. If the tube were extended down and pointed rearward, this would create a negative pressue and most likely illiminate the weeps. It would be a quick fix. Your thoughts?

My neighbor who has built a 6 and Rocket, commented on how I could make an improvement on my purchased 9A. I was concerned on the minor oil weeps in the engine compartment. He pointed out that as the breather tube is, it is pressurizing the case. If the tube were extended down and pointed rearward, this would create a negative pressue and most likely illiminate the weeps. It would be a quick fix. Your thoughts?

The pressure is miniscule. It won't cause oil leaks.

But without it, you will get a huge amount of oil on the belly very quickly if you don't properly secure your oil dipstick.

The pressure is miniscule. It won't cause oil leaks.

But without it, you will get a huge amount of oil on the belly very quickly if you don't properly secure your oil dipstick.

Hi Kyle, so are you saying to leave it alone? Sounds to me without the positive pressure, more oil would come outta the tube? I'll forget about it.
Thx

Hi Kyle, so are you saying to leave it alone? Sounds to me without the positive pressure, more oil would come outta the tube? I'll forget about it.
Thx

Yes. I recommend leaving it alone.

I had a bad experience with it beveled the way your friend suggested.