rjp280

I'm New Here
Hi All,

I am putting together an O-320-E3D w/ 160hp piston/cylinder retrofit and will probably add fuel injection (undecided which fuel injection system at this time; could use some recommendations), a Pmag, constant speed prop (looking at a Whirl Wind Aviation RV-200), etc. The case is at Divco and being modified for the prop and being overhauled. The steel components are at AEA and should be back in a few weeks.

I am looking for some advice in terms of what starter ring should be used. I know that the ring gear must match the starter teeth, but is there anything else that I need to take into account for (compression)?

In terms if the starter and alternator, does anyone have any recommendations for light weight and good performance?

Is there a preferred fuel injection system to use? If so, what are the advantages?

Thank you!

Ryan

ring gear

The high compression engines normally use the 149 tooth ring gear. Ring gear and starter gear must match.

Pistons

As long as you are going high compression might as well use the 0 320 H series pistons which will give a few more hp over 160