dlamando

I'm New Here
I am planning a trip from NY to Calf. I will be taking the notherly route. I am going VFR so I will followw the best weather between Canada and Colorado. If anyone has any suggestions on airports with a courtesy car or that allow camping on the feild...please let me know.
I am leaving from Albany on Friday the 25th to San Jose flying a 7A

[email protected]

Mountains crossing?

David,
I'm planing a trip from Va to northern California for October.
I'm wondering where you are planing to cross the mountains?
Sounds like a fun trip.......
Are you getting a SPOT ?
Most guys I talk to about east to west seem to go the southern route,
Some have gone the northern route but say the crossing spots are limited.
Thats why I'm asking what spot you were chosing.
Bob

If I were doing this trip, I would go salt lake,ut ; elko, nv ; reno, nv; follow hwy 80 to the valley and then on tho San Jose. Alternatively from Reno you can head SW over Lake Tahoe and follow HWY 50 to the Valley.

If you go over I80 out of Reno you don't have to climb very high. The Lake Tahoe route will take you to about 10,500 to clear the mountains comfortably but it's a much more scenic flight.

Hope this helps.

I am planning a trip from NY to Calf. I will be taking the notherly route. I am going VFR so I will followw the best weather between Canada and Colorado. If anyone has any suggestions on airports with a courtesy car or that allow camping on the feild...please let me know.
I am leaving from Albany on Friday the 25th to San Jose flying a 7A

[email protected]

Sent an email...if you're coming thru central Illinois, I have hangars and cars...:cool: