videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Ok, it isn't "Best Kit Built" from OSH, but it was nice to get an award. I just don't know how to 'splain it. It went like this. Drive-in, fly-in show with classic car and aircraft judging, along with motorcycles, four-wheelers, golf carts (decorated for the 4th) and misc. other stuff with wheels. Oh, and helicopters, too. They gave about a dozen small trophies for the various categories, then a nice "Best in Show" which went to a classic car. Then a trophy for "Best Other" for the other categories. "Best Other?" It was presented by Miss Indiana, which was cool, but I just can't figure out how the explain this nice trophy with the odd plaque. Ideas?

Bob Kelly

Maybe I am missing something. If you have a picture of you receiving the trophy from the woman...maybe getting the obligatory platonic kiss, get a large version mounted for all to see. Your plane got an award at the show. That is enough.

Title the pic something like this:

"Bob's RV-9A receiving an award at xxxxx"

Last edited:
and the award goes to.........

Get your own plaque engraved with something meaningful to you, no-one will remember exactly what it was for! :)
I have a similar picture with a trophy girl after winning the mechanics race at a local oval track when I was a teenager....of course, when I tell the story, it's at Darlington, and it was the Firecracker 500! ( most folks won't know where or when anyway, right!>)

Last edited: