pietermk

Well Known Member
I did a demo ride with Mitch Lock this afternoon, WOW what a plane, I have flown about 10 different planes of which 5 where LSA's and I have to say that I am very impressed with the RV12. It felt really nice and stable in flight and all the features on the Dynon and auto pilot are great. The autopilot 180 degree turn is a great safety feature.

I want to order the kit tonight which would mean that it would be here in several weeks. I have just finished the garage in which the RV12 will be built and need to do a few more things before I am ready to receive the kit. Now the toolkit is a different matter ..... :D

again what a wonderful plane to fly!!!!!!!

Pieter

I can second that...

I had my first ride last weekend with Mitch too. I have only experience flying the Remos and Allegro at my flight schools. Having low wings is what sets the RV-12 apart: visibility is everything when you fly. With the seats positioned at the edge of the wing, you still can see down very well. I took a leap in faith by ordering and starting work on my kit before flying (and even before seeing!) the real thing. I did this because I trust not only VAN's but the crowd of "Vanatics" that I enjoy interacting with. I'm not experienced enough to judge the flying qualities of the RV-12, the only thing I noticed is that I felt confortable flying it (but may be it was because Mitch was in the pilot's seat:D)

Last edited:
I wanted to do the same thing, order before flying but as the garage / workshop was being built I could not even start yet so it worked out well.

I think the airplane has a lot to do with flying comfortably, Yesterday I took a tecnam eaglet with glass cockpit out to Tangier island in the Chesapeake Bay. It is a great plane, it flies a little slower than the RV12 but it feels lighter when flying, the RV12 is more stable or solid feel.

Pieter

Guys, there is no comparison to the grin after the first flight of your very own bird. Mine was yesterday. Still grinning.