jj_jetmech

Well Known Member
Yeah I see this has been discussed in the past to some extent.... I'm a career AP/IA so I wouldn't dream of building an RV with a Makita...Not trying to start that debate!!! It so happens my old hand me down Sioux is dead and I need a new drill for the 7 I'm just starting....

The nova 60-314 and 60-314B look like a good option,,, fast, lite and affordable,,,, or are they cheap? Are they as good or nearly as good as a Sioux or others?

http://www.panamericantool.com/novar-compact-pistol-grip-drill.html

Thanks!

I got the 60-310 and have found it to be a great drill, light, good trigger, and very smooth.

I got the 60-310 and have found it to be a great drill, light, good trigger, and very smooth.

We've got two of the 2600 rpm ones at work and the big green 600 rpm one. They get used regularly, but not constantly, and one of the 3600's and the 600 are 4 years old or so. I'm sure we've done the equivelant for 3 or 4 RV's worth with them (turning bigger bits in harder materials). They all work perfectly.

GET THE KEYLESS CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!!!). Huge time saver, and a really nice part. Their swivel regulators are also great. We use a lot of their bits (jobbler, long and threaded) and reamers as well, no complaints (....although we did get a bad batch of piloted drills once). Also have abused their step drills/unibits with good success. We buy all our scotchbrite discs, clecos (spring and wingnut) and cleco pliers from 'em, too.

Their super stubby threaded drills have bailed us out a few times....worth keeping a couple each of the stubby #40, 30, and 20 around....if you have a threaded/angle drill at least.

Also have a nova angle die grinder, and a pancake angle drill, both 3 or 4 years old, both work like new.

Last edited:
Yeah I see this has been discussed in the past to some extent.... I'm a career AP/IA so I wouldn't dream of building an RV with a Makita...Not trying to start that debate!!! It so happens my old hand me down Sioux is dead and I need a new drill for the 7 I'm just starting....

The nova 60-314 and 60-314B look like a good option,,, fast, lite and affordable,,,, or are they cheap? Are they as good or nearly as good as a Sioux or others?

http://www.panamericantool.com/novar-compact-pistol-grip-drill.html

Thanks!

I purchased the 4000rpm model.....love it. Very smooth and easy to throttle trigger.