Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Really? Sure looks like an aircraft part.

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 594
actually most boats uses the exact same cable design for throttle and shifting. It has wide uses outside of aviation.

Clearly they don't want to have to pay to certify the part and then track paperwork. Yay for experimental aircraft where anything goes!

Aircraft paint remover

I get a kick out of this one.

Attachments

• not_for_use1.jpg
    not_for_use1.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 200
  • not_for_use2.jpg
    not_for_use2.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Vendor CYA statement

Simply put, vendor CYA.. I use Batteries Plus battery in my RV-4, and I had to do a warranty replacement of one that didn't take initial charge..guy kept asking what vehicle I had it in trying to troubleshoot..after a few minutes of rolling my eyes, I finally confessed and I thought he was going to stroke out..WE DONT SELL batteries for aircraft. Hmm, yes you do by the way! 30 minutes of explaining Experimental aircraft regs, he finally honored my warranty claim. From now on, I will buy batteries for my Bobcat lawn mower.

Lawn mowers, tractors, generators... many of the parts are "the same" as what we need for our other toys!

Simply put, vendor CYA.. I use Batteries Plus battery in my RV-4, and I had to do a warranty replacement of one that didn't take initial charge..guy kept asking what vehicle I had it in trying to troubleshoot..after a few minutes of rolling my eyes, I finally confessed and I thought he was going to stroke out..WE DONT SELL batteries for aircraft. Hmm, yes you do by the way! 30 minutes of explaining Experimental aircraft regs, he finally honored my warranty claim. From now on, I will buy batteries for my Bobcat lawn mower.

Repeat after me….”It’s for a home-made off-road vehicle!”

Nothing dishonest about that statement….. ;)