Wills_9A

I just have a quick question as I complete my fuselage order form....I have pretty much decided on going with the tip up (just for the panel access and view), but still have one question. Is the slider much safer if the plane flips over, I mean does that roll bar actually work as a roll bar or is it just there to hold the front screen in place? Second, does the rear roll bar behind the occupants offer pretty much the same level of protection in a flip over?

Please, no debate over tip-up/slider, just wanted to get the facts prior to ordering.

Thanks again

I don't think there is a definitive answer to which is safer because one accident can be different from another.
The general answer to your question is really more of a debate between using a standard seat harness or 5-point harness.

Roll Bars

I have heard some argue that having the roll bar in front of the pilot is a safety plus. I don't know if this is true or not as I haven't heard of any tests proving it one way or the other.

If you consider the function of the roll bar (to keep the weight of the aircraft off of the pilot and passengers heads), I don't see that it really matters if it is front of or behind the occupants.

However, if you look at racing cars, the roll bar is always right behind the pilot's, errr driver's, head. Maybe they know something that we don't.

Get the tip up! You will be looking out of it and working on it all the time!

You will likely only crash it once!

:D CJ