RobinHou

Well Known Member
I went to visit my friends from China last night. David is a Zenith Aircraft dealer in China. He fell in love with RV-8 in his previous visits to El Monte Airport and decided to build one here.

David and his head engineer Mr. Wang came from China to start his built around Nov. 21 last year. After about a month, he went back to China because Chinese CAA was approving the airport he just finished building as a public GA airport. He came back last Friday to resume their build. After about 40 days this is what his slow build kit looks like last night:

IMAG1093.jpg

IMAG1097.jpg

IMAG1099.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Brian ...

I'm sorry but is this impressive? There is no sense in rushing a build, using the right tools and replacing when necessary seems more impressive to me than making do with what you have

Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating anyone to use broker drill bits. I am only sharing what I saw happening. Obviously these Chinese builders have the know how and skill to sharpen a broken drill bit with a die grinder which some of us on this side of Pacific may or may not have.

Although they had built many Zenith kits, they do have the good common sense to build their first RV in the U.S. so they can get the tech support they need. By the way, they have an IA across their hanger to keep an eye on them, and an AP who stopped by a few times a week to answer questions.

Different builders with different ways. If for nothing else, I do admire their determination to build in a foreign country with language barrier and all.