IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
I'm up to the point in the build where I am getting ready to put the plane on its gear. Today I pulled out the Vans supplied tires and tubes. The mains looked ok, but the Chinese nose tire didn't inspire confidence :(

I know Desser and Spruce sell an Aero Classic tire for the nosewheel (11/400-5). Is this worth it now?

Same question with the tube - is there even another option than the Lamb tubes? Are those what Desser and Spruce are selling too?

Thanks for any info. I want to get my nose tire mounted (Grove wheel) and off to Anti-Splat for the bearing mod.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the stock Vans tire, but the one I got from Allen at Anti Splat looks good. It is a Cheng Chin - so probably the same as you have. I told Allen to give me everything he had for the front wheel and I wasn't as interested in price as much as I was in keeping the canopy like new! He provided me with the tire so if it is the same, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think balancing is more critical than brand.

He balanced the tire and with the bearings, I am confident I have done what I can - other than become a better pilot!!