painless

Well Known Member
I am ready to install my nosegear fairing and the instructions mention a dimple that is supposedly molded into the fairing that indicates where to drill a hole to locate the mount for the fairing that is centered and attached with the nosewheel axle bolt.

My fairing has such a small little divit, it looks more like fisheye than an actual dimple. Just want to make sure I am looking at the right spot. It is located 16 3/4" from the aft end of the fairing, which puts it at 5" from the forward edge. Its 4" from the lower edge of the fairing, which may be a bit arbitrary since that is where the initial cutout for the wheel is.

Does this sound like the right spot? I only see it on one side of the fairing as well.....as I recall the right side.

Thanks for the help folks.

Regards,

Jeff, check the drawings, I think Van gives a dimension from the back end. If I were doing it again I would use vans numbers for fore and aft placement. Be sure you have enough clearance for the hose clamp in the front. If it is not high enough in the front the fairing will interfere with the hose clamp.

Hi Doyle:

Yup, saw those dimensions. Van's has the hole I need placed 16" from the aft end. As I said, my "Dimple" is about 16 3/4".

Thanks for the heads up regarding the hose clamp.

Regards,