thilokind

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to for the U-713 A Nose Wheel Fairing Rear to the Nose Gear Assembly. However, the cut-out for the tire in the Nose Wheel Fairing Rear seems to be too small - I can't push the Fairing all the way forward. Taking a measurement from the drawings the cut-out shouldb be 10 '' or so - in my case it is only 8''. The instructions don't say anything, but are we supposed to enlarge the cut-out?

Thanks

I just cut away a little bit at a time around the perimeter of the existing hole until the two halves fit together. Once the wheel pant was mounted, then I went back and trimmed more off the hole until I got the gap I wanted. Took me a few to several iterations of trimming a little bit at at time.

Yep..

AS has been said. Cut it close, then when you get it all to mount. Trim it out tell you like it. I like using my index finger, between the first and second joint. Approx. 3/8-1/2", as I have size 11 1/2 hands. The only thing I would like to add is. Once you get the shell the size you want it. Take the time to go around the inside lip, next to were the tire is and lay in two or so strips of 8 ounce cloth to build that area up a little. This will save you some work later if it starts to split or fray. It is very thin at that "blank-shell" stage.
Hope this helps. Yours as always R.E.A. III #80888