woodmanrog

Well Known Member
On all of my nose gear Rv's I have had a tough time slipping the aft section of the wheel pant over the bracket. To date, I have split 2 wheel pants by trying to spread the bottom far enough to slip over the metal bracket. Any suggestions to ease over that aft part of the bracket? I know I'm not the first to have this issue. Thanks all and have a great holiday season.

On all of my nose gear Rv's I have had a tough time slipping the aft section of the wheel pant over the bracket. To date, I have split 2 wheel pants by trying to spread the bottom far enough to slip over the metal bracket. Any suggestions to ease over that aft part of the bracket? I know I'm not the first to have this issue. Thanks all and have a great holiday season.

Assuming you have the new style brackets... they are meant to stay attached to the aft wheel pant and you slide the entire assembly aft to remove it, with the brackets attached.

I have seen some installed without the bracket slots cut per plans preventing it from sliding off as designed.

Last edited:
Thanks Walt,
I never thought of that. Taking off the two allen bolts would make things a lot easier. I'll check it out today.
Cheers :)

Putting the nose wheel pant on is the only aggravating task on the bottom side of my Nine-A .... For exactly the reason you articulate. Have scratched more skin and barked more knuckles doing that than any other maintenance chore. Other than band-Aides. :) , I haven't found a solution yet.

I haven't found a solution yet.

Walt explained it.
With the new style brackets (actually not new any more....they have been standard for a long time) you remove the two Allen cap screws and slide the wheel pant and brackets aft, off of the axle.