apatti

Well Known Member
All,
The plans call for a MS21045-5 nut (high temp, I guess) for the nose gear leg connection to the engine mount. I have searched the printout of the bag contents at least 10 times and can't find this nut. What am I missing?

Thanks,

He's talking about the nut. The nut is without the nylon inside, so look for a nut that is self locking with NO nylon.

Daryl,
Thanks for the link. Good reading. I had searched using the nut's part number and didn't come up with anything.

I am guessing the nut is not in one of the bags. Maybe it is a loose part somewhere else. Seems like they would put it in the same bag as the bolt. Since I'll likely be ordering some items from GAHCO, I'll just include the nut in the order.

Thanks for the replies.

Tony,

Just curious here, have you tried contacting Van's Customer Service?

Mike,
Is this an inappropriate question for the forum??

I came across the problem Friday night and preferred not waiting until Monday to try and contact Van's.

I couldn't find my MS21045-5 all metal lock nut either. I looked everywhere. I just ordered a couple form ACS.

Found loose nut

As newly certificated repairman I was inspecting FWF today. Saw torque seal broken :eek:

nosegearlegboltloose.jpg

The nut was loose 3/4 of a turn. Not bad for 270+ hours. Landed on grass, ice and other funny surfaces. More then 500 landings and only 3/4 of a turn :D
Good design.