RViter

Well Known Member
Getting close enough that I'm seriously considering the implications of paint vs no paint, and all the alternative schemes. Time to resolve and opt-in or opt-out of some choices, this one involves the use of military logos such as 'stars & bars', command insignia, and unit logos/insignia. My thoughts are toward paying tribute to the efforts of the Air National Guard, and a crew in particular. (KC-135A from the 1970-80 era.)

The unit logo is probably still 'current' but the SAC command insignia is obsolete, SAC is gone. The Air National Guard insignia is pretty generic, and not substantially, if at all used in the current flying tanker fleet, as far as I know.

The Air Guard has played a tremendous role over the years in both tactical and strategic support of the active duty forces. Currently of the great proportions of the deployed forces, the Air Guard is well represented. Has been for decades, but now more than ever.

For those who chose a military paint scheme for their RV-xx what consideration was given to any legal concerns of the use of the insignia, nose art, or ownership? If it was considered, what steps did you take, or would you recommend for me?

I will post the images, and unit information, but only if it seems appropriate to clarify the discussion, or assist in getting an answer, without adding to any concerns of copyright at this time.

THANKS

Gary,

I would pay tribute. I don't think there is anything illegal about it.

I did mine but matched as close as possible for tribute.

Just my .02

I was on the water wagon too.

B