Hack

Hi,
Searched the forum and did not find any real data, so hoping someone will have some input.
Repainting cowling, and would like to put on some nice nose art. Not too big (maybe 5" x5"). Instead of airbrush I was hoping I could cut some cost with a nice stock decal.
Anyone know about this approach in terms of how it looks, and where to buy?
To all of you out there who have used airbrush... WOW! Stunning work!
Hack

Decals

FYI Check out the photo. The old owner may have over done the decals but all the 30 some 'flames' you see are stuck on. Sorry, I don't know where they were bought. However they stick tight at 200 MPH.

www.victory-girl.com

very high quality material and very reasonable prices.

I second that. Jerri did a beautiful job on the nose art I'm planning:
FP28052011A000I1.jpg

And then he came up with large waterslide decals for me. He can also do vinyl. He did the draft above working from some old photos of my mother.

Any auto decal graphics place can dothat for you. These are the ones that do the commercial vehicle car wraps and other parge scale printing. I too a photograph of my Father In Laws WWII nose art and they digitized it and made a nose art decal of it and installed it. It is high grade 3M vinyl and I got to approve the design and colors. I had all my decals made to my spec and installed. The nose art decal was less than $20 as part of the package. The entire package included four large roundels to WWII specs, two sets of "P84" (his TBM Avenger number), two sets of the word "experimental" and two sets of my tail number in military block lettering for a total of less than $400 installed at my house. It was from a speedpro franchise.

Last edited: