Jbc98c

I'm New Here
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at getting an rv12, but have a small problem... or a big one, either way. I'm 6 ft 6. I've been reading, but it comes down to i need to sit in one and see if i fit.

Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to let my have a sit? I'm in walla walla. It's about 4.5 hours drive to aurora to the factory, and that may be what i end up doing.

Thanks,

Brandon

Reactions: rot
Hey Brandon (@Jbc98c), I think your best bet is to go to Aurora and give yourself the opportunity to not just "see if you fit", but to demo it and see for yourself what it's really like to fly it. The staff at Van's are extremely welcoming, and I had a great experience.

In the end, I decided NOT to get and RV-12iS, though; I got a Sling LSA instead, which I LOVE, but I was so committed to the RV-12iS initially that I even did transition training in Twin Oaks, OR, immediately after I visited Van's.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

RT

I“m 6’8” And have one under construction. I will have a seat cushion made that’s about half the thickness of the stock one but still comfortable. It will still be a snug fit but no worse than a Cessna 150 etc.

There was a flying school in Renton that had a couple but I can’t see it anymore.

if you get up towards Vancouver Canada I’d be happy to let you take a seat and try it for fit. I have the canopy on now so the cockpit is at its final dimensions.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
Thanks RT and David.

I will probably have to plan a drive over to go for a flight next week.

And, unfortunately, Vancouver BC is a bit further from here than the Portland area. But, it does give me confidence there is hope in getting in one of these planes.

Thanks,

Brandon