b17fe

Well Known Member
Anybody out there have a fairly recent data card for a Northstar M3 approach GPS?
The one I have in the recently aquired unit is 2004.
Jeppesen will stop service 3/09 on these updates.
I called and they wanted to send me a card reader,etc. with shipping "$181.69"
for a one time update :eek:

Northstar M3

I have an M3 approach, but have barely used it, and am really unfamiliar with all its' funcitons etc.
I also noticed the end of updates, but think my data is of simliar vintage to yours. How would I check? and if newer, then what?

let me know if I can help.

I have an M3 approach, but have barely used it, and am really unfamiliar with all its' funcitons etc.
I also noticed the end of updates, but think my data is of simliar vintage to yours. How would I check? and if newer, then what?

let me know if I can help.

Thanks Perry,
If you slide the unit out, the card is on the right side.
An ejection button is pushed and the card moves outward.
You still need to grab it with something to totally remove it.

We really need to have a card reader to copy.
Jeppesen wanted 49.95 for the update which is ok but it's an internet download.Thus the need and extra cost of the card reader which would only be used this once (just couldn't justify it).

I was hoping someone had an update subscription which means I could have Jeppesen give me the code for a download and have that person put it on a card for me.

Oh well, after the last data base the unit will be legally vfr only which is ok but I would like to have a newer data base.
Thanks again!

Northstar updates

I have a card reader thingy on one of our many PC's, so will see if I can 'test' it before buying the download.
I'll get back to you if I succeed.

I called, Jeppesen went from 65.00 3 days ago to 125.00 for the download.
Just too much money for 1 update!
Needless to say they are taking advantage of us and they know it (or at least the girl I talked to knows it!).
She said she tried to get me the '08 database at the 65.00 charge but they couldn't go back to retrieve it.
(I also found a buddy of mine with a reader.)

Last edited: