rph142

Well Known Member
Are there any prop balancers out there within 200 miles of the bay area? I had my prop re-pitched and it could use a re-balance.

Thanks,
Rob

Are there any prop balancers out there within 200 miles of the bay area? I had my prop re-pitched and it could use a re-balance.

Thanks,
Rob

Kregg Victory at Reid Hillview Airport. Great to work with. Sometimes a little hard to get in touch with. Easiest to go to his shop during working hours. He will usually return phone calls.

here's the info from his website:

2502 John Montgomery Ave.
San Jose , CA 95148
Phone: 408-729-7635
Fax: 4408-836-5122
E-Mail: [email protected]

Norcal aero services out of Watsonville claims to do dual sensor dynamic prop balancing.
He would travel to your area if there was 3 or more people that would commit to it. I have not been able to get schedules and people together in my area to get that lined up.

Lee Apaka out of Rio Vista will do balancing (single sensor, I believe). I've not been able to make my schedule work to get it done either. Soon, hopefully.

I've got the equipment at my place if you fancy a flight over the hills Rob. Gotta use it once in awhile to justify having it.....

I've got the equipment at my place if you fancy a flight over the hills Rob. Gotta use it once in awhile to justify having it.....
Paul,
I 'll gladly fly over the hills for it, if for nothing else just to meet you in person. There are a few contributors on these site that I would love to meet in person. You and DanH are certainly on my high list as I enjoy reading your contributions.
Perhaps one day, I fly to meet Dan.

Paul,
I 'll gladly fly over the hills for it, if for nothing else just to meet you in person. There are a few contributors on these site that I would love to meet in person. You and DanH are certainly on my high list as I enjoy reading your contributions.
Perhaps one day, I fly to meet Dan.

Just drop me a PM sometime and we can work out a day to do it. I'm actually pretty well swamped until mid February though.

Thanks for the tips guys. I was able to get in touch with Jeremy Macdonald in Wattsonville. I'll be flying down tomorrow morning if the weather holds.

Kitplanes article topic?

Paul,

Would love to see a Kitplanes article evaluating the prop balancing systems that are suitable for the owner/operator for personal use and help out fellow homebuilders.

Cheers, David
RV-6A KBTF