Indytim

Hi group --

I've been lurking for a while, trying to decide if I really wanted to commit to building an RV... I'm getting closer, starting to really think seriously about an RV-14 taildragger.

I'm in southern Missouri (Springfield area) - I put a post in the Midwest forum trying to connect with local RV builders and owners.

I'm not close enough to any of the builder's groups to get involved in any type of organized build support program, so I think I'd like to find a school to attend if possible.

Looking for comments/advice/suggestions - feel free to pm if you wish.

Welcome

Tim
Welcome.
Look for the next EAA class. It may be a wait.
Personally, I think a drive to the nearest willing mentor will teach you more.
Start watching the EAA webinars. They are very informative.

Thanks Mike and Larry, good to be on board.

Larry, thanks for the pointer to the EAA courses - I should have thought to look there! It looks like there is an EAA Sheetmetal course up in Kansas City next month. Judging from the description there is some overlap between that course and the RV Assembly course, which will be offered at Oshkosh.

Jim, the same from me: thank you for your service. I've got a son in the AF. He's still in training but starts flying an AFSOC AC130W gunship in about 6 months.

The Quick Build class looks very good - being near Vans I'd think they'd have a pretty good handle on things. It's a hike but I'm going to see if I can work it out.

EAA chapter

Jim, don't you have a nearby EAA chapter? Often times, someone will be building and need a helper...a great way to learn. Also check the white pages on this site to find out where RV builders are.

Best,