N941WR

Legacy Member
The Jacksonville city ordinance thread had me thinking that the city planers would have a heart attack over this flying rowboat.
flying_rowboat.jpg

What other planes have you seen that you would consider ?Bizarre??

The Edgley Optica comes to mind.
3070L-1.jpg

As does the Breezy

Roloff-Unger%20RLU-1%20Breezy-1.jpg

I would love to fly any of the three.

Last edited:
Inflate-o-plane

There is always the Goodyear XAO-3 Inflatoplane.

goodyear_inflatoplane.jpg

When they try to write you a ticket for violating the ordinance, you could say "It is not a plane, it's a balloon" or "It's a personal flotation device"

The flying boat above was built in the 80's by an old pilot/builder in St. Petersburg Fl. From my recollection, he did fly it but it was anything but stable. I would certainly think twice about strapping into it. The plane is now "docked" behind the display hangers at Sun n Fun in Lakeland.

By chance we also had a flying Breezy at the same airport. That one I did get a ride in/on. Low and slow was its most fun characteristics. The view was "totally" unrestricted. The builder owner was George Read. His hanger was the gathering place for a lot of us on the weekends with lots of hanger flying and a barbeque many Sunday afternoons.

Jim Kinsey
7A Wings

Looks and acts....

I happened to catch this one CF one day at PDK. The gear looks strangely and it looks like it behaves strangely.

Loop.gif

Last edited: