kevinh

Well Known Member
Hi ya'll,

I'm still loving flying my RV-7A. But I'm getting the 'building' bug again. The last time this happened my wife talked me into paragliding rather than building something else right away. That turned out great (I highly recommend it, even over gliders), but I still have the building bug.

Most of my RV flying has turned out to be gentleman's acro - this surprises me because I thought I was building this mostly for long distance cruising. But acro turns out to be way more fun than I expected - and I still have lots to learn with my RV.

Now I keep thinking about my next project (mostly for weekday evenings) and I hope ya'll have some leads for me:

* Does anyone make an aluminum airplane kit that is like an Extra lite? Preferably with two seats.

* Are there any good/funky electric car kits?

* If all else fails, I'll probably start on a slloooww build RV-8. I really dig my 7, but I wouldn't want to build something that is identical. This time I'd definitely go full inverted, but I'm kinda bummed that the airfoil doesn't seem really ideal if I get even more into acro.

Last edited:
If/When I ever finish my 9A, I've thought about building one of these mini teardrop travel trailers.
upcomi1.jpg

Kevin,

If you find a light, inexpensive aluminum Extra let me know.

What your asking for sure sounds like an RV-3 though.

The plans for a Pitts S1C just arrived on Tuesday and it doesn't look all that hard to build. It just takes different skills than we learned building our RV's.

If/When I ever finish my 9A, I've thought about building one of these mini teardrop travel trailers.

Actually - I've thought about that too. Those teardrop trailers are cool. I've also been thinking about an Xenos motorglider (in case anyone has any gossip on that).

For my "second plane dreams" (if I could afford not just one, but TWO!), I kind of like the idea of a "low and slow" cruiser. Maybe like the Hatz Classic Biplane... :)

DJ

Hi ya'll,

Now I keep thinking about my next project (mostly for weekday evenings) and I hope ya'll have some leads for me:

* Does anyone make an aluminum airplane kit that is like an Extra lite? Preferably with two seats.

* Are there any good/funky electric car kits?

* If all else fails, I'll probably start on a slloooww build RV-8. I really dig my 7, but I wouldn't want to build something that is identical. This time I'd definitely go full inverted, but I'm kinda bummed that the airfoil doesn't seem really ideal if I get even more into acro.

If you want a truly fun project into which many of your RV skills translate, and you want to have the coolest car on the airport, build one of these:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~sbuc/stalkerv6

29-scoop-4.jpg

The kit is well engineered by a very clever fellow who has many of the same philosophies as Van. And it will allow you to fly very close to the ground. :D