Daida

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

i am about to install a Dynon skyview system, which i am going to order soon.
in the manual it says to keep megnetic materials as far away from the ADAHRS modul as possible, at least 2 feet.
i will install the ADAHRS modul behind the baggage compartment on a bridge, between the two top longerons, made of aluminum angles and a aluminum plate. (as many of others have done it, pics are in other threads).

Here are my questions:

is non magnetic mounting hardware for the ADAHRS modul provided by Dynon?

if not, where did you buy yours?

Did you go with Brass, Aluminum or Plastic bolts/screws?

thanks for your answers!

mit Fliegergruss

Daida

ADAHRS hardware

Dynon did not send any hardware when we installed our skyview unit. We used brass hardware because it was easier for us to find. We purchased ours from a local bolt and screw shop.

I have heard of others using plastic. Be careful if you use stainless steel as some have reported that it can still be magnetic.

Good luck.

Lowes and Home Depot have brass screws/nuts available in a variety of sizes, that's what I used. Dynon does not supply mounting hardware.

I've installed two Skyview systems and used Nylon screws washers and nuts. I haven't had any issues

Brass is easy to find in a variety of sizes. I used a similar setup, with the Al angle bridge between the longerons a bay behind the baggage bulkhead. A small wedge of Al will make it easy to get the compass mount 90 degrees to the (tilted) panel (not sure if that is still required for skyview, but was a requirement for the D100).

Greg

i went with nylon screws and nuts from my local ace hardware.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB