Dan Langhout

Well Known Member
This is probably a question for the g3xperts. I've got a GDU-375 that is NOT part of a G3X system (I actually bought it just before the G3X system came out). If I connect it to either an SL-30 or GNC-255 NAV radio via RS-232, will I be able to get HSI indications and be able to set the OBS from the GDU? The G3X manual is pretty clear that I would in a G3X configuration but what about this standalone setup?

This is probably a question for the g3xperts. I've got a GDU-375 that is NOT part of a G3X system (I actually bought it just before the G3X system came out). If I connect it to either an SL-30 or GNC-255 NAV radio via RS-232, will I be able to get HSI indications and be able to set the OBS from the GDU? The G3X manual is pretty clear that I would in a G3X configuration but what about this standalone setup?

Hello Dan,

You would have to give your GDU 375 display PFD capabilities to be able to connect and navigate with a SL 30 or GNC 255. You presently have a standalone MFD.

The good news is that your display is capable of doing this if you add a GSU 25 ADAHRS, GMU 22 magnetometer, and GTP 59 OAT probe. You don't even need to add the GEA 24 engine interface box unless you want to.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks and a question

Thanks Steve, that answers my question.

Another question though. I've noticed that none of the Aviation "big box" stores (Spruce, Gulf Coast Avionics, Sarasota Avionics, etc.) seem to have the GMU-22 magnetometer or the OAT probe. All of them have the GSU-25 ADAHRS. i suspect a Garmin dealer like Stein could fix me up but I'm curious why these other items seem to be not readily available?

The simple solution, call Stein; you will never regret the call. You just have to remember, he isn't happy till you're broke :D

Thanks Steve, that answers my question.

Another question though. I've noticed that none of the Aviation "big box" stores (Spruce, Gulf Coast Avionics, Sarasota Avionics, etc.) seem to have the GMU-22 magnetometer or the OAT probe. All of them have the GSU-25 ADAHRS. i suspect a Garmin dealer like Stein could fix me up but I'm curious why these other items seem to be not readily available?

Hello Dan,

We configure all of our G3X bundles with the primary ADAHRS, magnetometer, OAT probe, and engine interface, so there is seldom a reason for a customer to want to buy these parts separately - except in a case like yours.

As mentioned above, our dealers should be able to help you out with this.

Thanks,
Steve