skikkbl

I seem to remember that VAF had an add for hand sewn nomax flight gloves. Any idea if this vendor still exists and what their contact info might be? The military has changed vendors or processes and the new gloves only lasted through 1 year of "moderate/civilian" use. While the gloves issued to me in the service lasted twice that long and in a much more demanding enviroment.

gbrasch

Me too. However the pair I have now just doesn't cut it. The thumb and forefinger are now single stiched while my old ones were double in this area.

BTW, who are you with? Methods, Metro?

Jack

Found it thanks

Steve

We carry these ones and I've worn a pair for quite a while. Fit great.
http://www.cyberpilotshop.com/item692.htm
Mention VAF and I'll give you free shipping... [ed. Mike is an advertiser here! dr]
Brand of these are Hatch and pulled mine out of my flight bag and the thumb and outside of the index finger are double stiched. You might be able to find these at your favorite Police supply store as well.

Last edited:
gbrasch

Me too. However the pair I have now just doesn't cut it. The thumb and forefinger are now single stiched while my old ones were double in this area.

BTW, who are you with? Methods, Metro?

Jack

Found it thanks

Steve

I'm with PHI/Air Medical Group...

You one of the Omni / Native Air guys? If so my oldest son loves the video one of you put together on youtube.

Thanks all. Got the info I needed.

Steve

Another alternative: Nomex gloves

We carry these double stitched gloves because I couldn't find what I wanted either. Available in brown (not tan) and black, long cuffs and short cuffs.

The short cuffs are more comfortable than the longer cuffs. Many guys like them. Of course, they aren't quite as protective as the long cuffs.

Thanks,
Vince

Vince

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll send my order today.

An old WO5 once told me the differnece between wearing Nomex and not is an open vs a closed casket. He can keep the casket, I just have a problem with burning.:)

Thanks again,

Steve

I bought a pair of the hatch nomex gloves a few years ago and the thumb is waaaay to long compared to the other fingers. Anyone else have this problem? It's really odd to have an extra 3/4" of glove hanging off your thumb while the other fingers are perfectly tight.

glove sizing

Vince,

Can you tell me how to properly measure my hands to pick to right glove size?

Bevan

Measure around your hand at the knuckles. Size is in inches.

Here's a photo:

imgres